Thursday, January 6, 2011

Vacation Burpees and some of the story with my arm

Last post for today, I swear! :)

On my holiday to Colorado I made Ethan (my fiancé) take videos of me doing burpees in some of the places we went. By that time my arm was feeling a lot better - just painful to the touch in one spot.
For those of you who read and haven't known me forever - I had an ulna shortening procedure in 2002 to even out the radius and ulna. The unevenness was caused by a break in 2000 that healed over the growth plate in the radius and allowed my ulna to get longer than the radius. Very painful. The procedure looks kind of like this: (graphic pictures, so be warned) http://handclinic.i2in.co.uk/ulna-shortening/

anyway. my arm now looks like this:

About a week before Christmas I started experiencing incredible pain that seem to start from that screw closest to my elbow. The general consensus is that the hardware needs to come out, so now I am waiting to see when that will happen.

Anyway.
Zuzana and Freddy at Bodyrock.tv have a habit of doing burpees in some of the cool places they travel to, so I decided to take their lead and get videos in the garden of the gods and UC Boulder!


No comments:

Post a Comment