Thursday, December 15, 2011

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester!

Wow! I've made it to 14 weeks! :)

The amazing thing is that about 2 days ago I started to have energy again. I still poop-out around 8 or 9 o'clock, but my days are much more palatable, because i want to do something OTHER than lay on the couch all day!


Here is how my fatigue progressed (and the effect it had on my 'workouts')

At 4 weeks, when I found out I was expecting, I was excited and still had some energy going for me. At that point, I tired out more easily than before, but I could still happily and easily go on a 2 mile brisk walk, no problem.

At 6 weeks, all sorts of 'ugh' started happening. I was hit like a brick with nausea and fatigue and then I started experiencing some scary spotting. The effect of all of this was that the couch was my new best friend. For the next 2 weeks, I was a couch surfer. My exercise consisted of walking around the house and walking at rehearsals (aka, work).

Around 8 weeks I started noticing that I would get up, have 20 minutes of energy, and then I was done for the day. The nausea was still present, as was some occasional spotting, so I continued to take it EASY.

11 weeks and sun started to shine - my appetite came back some. Still some nausea and still only 20 minutes of energy a day, but I could face food again. Hooray! This happened to coincide with Thanksgiving, and nothing sounded better to me than turkey with cranberry relish and mashed potatoes with gravy. At this point I also saw a doctor (again, make this appt number 3, 'emergency' appointment, no. 2). This time I was put on antibiotics that made me dizzy, so... The couch surfer was back. Since said appointment with said antibiotics, no spotting (touch wood).

13 weeks, 5 days - I suddenly had energy again. It is mind blowing! I've been SO busy that the pregnancy fatigue has been KILLER. It is at this point (aka, last tuesday) that I welcomed yoga back into my routine. The most amazing part is that on that day I had a dentist appointment, did prenatal yoga, taught as a guest lecturer in a High school Choir Class, then went to work for an almost normal full length day and didn't start to slide on energy until 6:30. Not bad!

13 weeks, 6 days - Work then a gig. I work Tues/Thurs nights until 10 (and I am ready to fall asleep around 9), so I was exhausted from my long day the day before, but I survived work, a gig, some grocery shopping, and cooking dinner before I passed out at 8:30.

14 weeks (today!!!) - I woke up after having fallen asleep at 8:30 last night, got my breakfast, made the hubby coffee (then cleaned the coffeepot), and gave the house a cleaning once over before doing some yoga and couchtime. all before heading to work.

Hooray!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment