Saturday, December 17, 2011

My new AMAZING treat

I recently realized that I was probably not getting enough protein (and some other nutrients) for baby building, so I came up with this super yummy smoothie in which I steal some of the hubby's chocolate protein powder (whey source). It tastes like a banana split to me!

1 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 frozen banana
1/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1 scoop (came in the package) of chocolate Whey protein powder
1/4 cup fruit juice (I've been using gran-grape, but any would work)
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (I mix TJ's unsweetened and sweetened)

Blend and enjoy! it makes about 2 8 oz smoothies. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am making a similar smoothie but with COCONUT milk. Just got back from a trip where coconut milk was everywhere and I think I have a new addiction.

    ReplyDelete